My Words Are In My Art

Today is Diabetes Art Day. A day to create something, share something, let go of something. This is my submission. It wasn’t planned. It is what came to me as I worked. It is my first ever attempt at painting a face.

diabetesphoto

My words are in my art. They’re in my head, my heart, my soul. Thankfully so are love, Support, Friends, and HOPE.

About Christina

Mom of 3 kids, all 3 have Type 1 diabetes - I blog to share stories. I am not a medical professional and my thoughts are my own. Please do not make changes to your medical care plan based on my stories - always consult your medical team. Hope you find something in my ramblings helpful and or amusing. You can find me on twitter @momof3T1s and on my Facebook page Stick With It Sugar. May all your dreams forever be bolus worthy.
Tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to My Words Are In My Art

1. Kim says:

First attempt?! Dude! You are a pro! πŸ™‚

2. Karen Joseph says:

That is absolutely FABULOUS! Truly! You should do more art work. And your musings are a wonderful contribution as well.

• Christina says:

Thanks Karen. I plan to paint more after we move to WA – Ill actually have space to do it in our new home vs. taking over the kitchen table in our current home. It was fun to do and since I still had all my paint out I painted a rose for the Spare A Rose, Save a Child campaign – hope you’ll check that out. Not sure which was more difficult the face or the rose. Seems so simple in my head.

3. Mike says:

Wow, that’s the FIRST face you’ve made?!?! It’s great! Very powerful and love the color and words you have in there. Nicely done, Tina, and thanks for making and sharing this.

• Christina says:

Thanks Mike. I didn’t imagine a face would be so hard, not sure I will try it again. The biggest compliment was from my daughter who took it to her room. πŸ™‚

4. Elisheva says:

Wow, Tina! You are an outstanding artist! The way you were able to use art to express your feelings is awesome. I like it!

5. Karen says:

Fantastic!! This really moved me.

6. shannon says:

woah. i really relate to how you’ve portrayed yourself here. i find it to be very similar to the piece i made this year as well, in some of the face/word/swirly elements.

thank you so much for sharing!

• Christina says:

Holy crap Shannon – comment much. FYI – I love you. nothing makes my day brighter than emails saying I have a comment to moderate. Well Reese’s make my day brighter but comments are a close second. I haven’t checked out the gallery yet so I haven’t seen everyones art yet. I don’t think the gallery always says who it is from. I also haven’t been reading as many blogs as I normally due because of preparing for the move. Thus if you posted yours on your blog I haven’t seen it yet.
      I am my worst critic and there are things I wish I had done differently in my art but alas it is what I felt at the time and that is what counts.