“No You Silly Old Bear”

Day 2 of National Health Blog Post Month

Click HERE to start writing your 30 Posts

Today’s prompt – Find a quote and use it as inspiration. (Ok I admit it is the alternate prompt – the other is ‘the weirdest thing about our health’. Honestly – I stopped trying to figure out the rhyme or reason with diabetes a while ago so nothing strikes me as weird.)

“You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, andΒ smarter than you think.”

Christopher Robin – Pooh’s Most Grand Adventure.

Pooh & Christopher

Don’t you just love Pooh Bear.

I use this quote frequently with my kids to remind them that they can do so many things, that they do more than most, and that they wont know if they can until they try.

I use it to remind myself the same things.

Diabetes has a way of making us feel small and inadequate and bad.

The quote reminds us we are not small, not inadequate and not bad.

Don’t believe everything you think!

A second quote by my dear daughter:

“In a world where finding faults with ourselves is so easy, rejoice in the moments you truly love who you are.”

About Christina

Mom of 3 kids, all 3 have Type 1 diabetes - I blog to share stories. I am not a medical professional and my thoughts are my own. Please do not make changes to your medical care plan based on my stories - always consult your medical team. Hope you find something in my ramblings helpful and or amusing. You can find me on twitter @momof3T1s and on my Facebook page Stick With It Sugar. May all your dreams forever be bolus worthy.
Tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to “No You Silly Old Bear”

1. Lyn says:

Your daughter is wise beyond her years. πŸ™‚

• Christina says:

She came into the world like that. I learn a lot from her. πŸ™‚
      The quote is what she wrote for her artist statement for a Reflections Fine Arts contest at school – the photo was her art entry in the photography category. She took the picture of herself at a week long sleep-away diabetes camp in Texas in 2009.
      Thank you for your kind words.

• Lyn says:

Wow, that is really powerful! In my opinion, the very definition of an amazing art piece is to make your audience feel something. I can’t imagine anyone not being moved by it. I certainly hope she won. πŸ™‚

• Christina says:

She won – her photograph will move on to the next level. Thanks for the message. I hope she maintains her positive image of self worth. It is certainly hard to do so these days.

2. kerri says:

You have one awesome girl, there. Need to come back and meet her :].
    Love both of the quotes <3.

3. Jenn says:

I Love Pooh Bear! Some of the best inspiration quotes come from him. Some of my favorites are between him and Piglet. I believe the world would be better if we all did a little more of what Pooh does, “Think think think”